Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Blog Tour Promo!

Author:  Patty Maximini


Title:  Exception


Release date:  November 1, 2013


Age Group: Adult


Genre: Contemporary Romance


Tour organized by: AToMR Tours; http://atomrbookblogtours.com


Links to find/buy your book (if available):




Book Description:


When all hope for moving on from a life filled with pain was gone, Emily Watson closed herself off to the world, packed her bags, and moved across the country in search of a new life. What she found was a career she adored and friends whom she loved. It wasn't a full and complete life, but it was definitely better than what she knew before.
When all hope for being loved and accepted for who he was instead of what he had was gone, Taylor Carter decided that trusting people outside of his family wasn't really smart and would only lead to disappointment. With his world turned upside down, his life became about his work, and every new relationship was meaningless and superficial. He was safe, and definitely content, but never truly happy. When all hope for staying awake during a long day was gone, Emily and Taylor found themselves at the same coffee cart. Little did they know then that the worst coffee they'd ever drank would forever change their lives.
When hopeless people are blinded by an endless pain. When contentment and safety feels like the best option, and love seems impossible, they may just find an EXCEPTION.


About the Author:
I’m Patty, and words have always been a passion of mine. I’ve always loved to read them, write them and learn them in other languages. Last year, I’ve decided to take that passion and turn it into a book, the result was Exception, my very first novel due this October.
Whenever I’m not sitting behind my computer, I’m either enjoying the company of my dear hubby, Alex, and our four four-legged babies or reading. I’m a firm believer in long hand written letters, love of any kind and good stories.

Author Social Media Links:


Twitter @pattymaximini

Blog pattymaximini.com

Author Interview:

  • When did you first realize you wanted to be a writer?
Writing and making up stories has always been a big part of my life. I’m better at expressing myself through writing, and the idea of creating a world that doesn’t exist anywhere but inside my head has always fascinated me. However, for most of my life, writing was related to my personal journals and storytelling was about making my family laugh with stories about seven-headed dragons and princesses.
The first time I actually envisioned myself as a writer was when I had the idea for Exception. Taylor, Emily, and their story became such a huge part of me that I felt like they deserved to be given a voice and a life outside my mind. After ten pages, something clicked inside my head and I knew that’s what I wanted to do for the rest of my life.
  • Do you have a routine that you use to get into the right frame of mind to write?
Yes, I do. Writing only happens if I have a mug of tea in hand and some music from my ever-growing playlist filling the house. Also, I have a thing about my chair. I write sitting at my dining table, and though all of my chairs are the same, there’s this one that is “my” chair. For some reason, I find it more comfortable than the others, and whenever my husband changes its location, I always have to go around sitting in all of them until I find “my” chair.
  • Where do you get your ideas or inspiration for your characters?
I get inspired by a lot of things. Music is definitely a big inspirational factor for me, but I also get a lot of inspiration from my life, from the people in it, and from things that happen around me. Though in my mind my characters are their own people, I love to add traits of my friends and family to them. To me, it’s a way of showing that, though I may be MIA while I’m locked in the cave writing, I’m thinking of them. As for the ideas for the story, they usually come from someplace in my life or something I feel strongly about. And as for the romance, I’m lucky to be married to a really romantic man, so a lot of that comes from him.
  • What books have most influenced your life?
The first book that influenced me was Harry Potter. When I read it for the first time, I was a teen who didn’t really like to read, and that book changed me. It was the first time I was completely taken out of reality and inserted into a new world through the pages of a book, and from that moment on, I was hooked.
As an adult and a writer, I consider two books to be my biggest influences: The Notebook, because it was the book that made me realize I loved romance novels; and Love Unscripted, because it was the book that made me realize I loved indie novels.
  • What do you like to do when you are not writing?
Time away from writing is usually spent on the couch, watching movies with Alex (AKA the Hubby) and our pets (AKA the kids) or trying to make a dent on my ever-growing TBR list.
  • Any future writing news you would like to share?

Yes! I’m currently writing a standalone novel entitled Madeleine. It’s another contemporary romance which I’m hoping to release early 2014. Also, I’m in the planning stages for an Exception follow-up novel, also to be released in 2014.


!!!!GIVEAWAY!!!!


To see other stops on the tour for reviews, guest posts, and excerpts click here

No comments:

Post a Comment