Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Review of If Forever Comes by A.L. Jackson

Review of If Forever Comes by A.L. Jackson

Synopsis:  "If Forever Comes, the final chapter in the New York Times Bestselling The Regret Series.  Christian Davison’s life is complete. With a ring on Elizabeth’s finger and his daughter at his side, he’s ready to run headlong into their future.  Elizabeth Ayers never believed she would again find this kind of joy—the joy of a family and the wholeness found in the touch of the man she’s always loved.  Their love is intense and their passion only grows as they set out to rediscover each other.

But life is never easy.  Rocked by the unforeseen, Christian and Elizabeth will find themselves fighting for the one thing they hold most important—family."
 

Review:  WOW.  How could I give this book any less than 5 stars?  I finished this book last night and I am still thinking about it.  This book gutted me emotionally.  This is the third book in the series.  Books 0.5&1 should definitely be read before this book, as they are not meant to be stand-alones.  This story is told in alternating views from Christian and Elizabeth, as well as alternating between the past and the present.  Normally this type of writing annoys me as I prefer to read from start to finish, however Amy makes it work.  She is able to pull off this writing style, which is no easy feat!  This book starts with you rooting for this family.  You want them to get a HEA, but on the day of their wedding tragedy strikes and tears this family apart.  Every single one of them is broken - Christian, Elizabeth and even their daughter Lizzie.  The question that remains through the first half of this book is can this family learn to work through their problems together or not. 

This book tackled serious emotional issues.  It shows that life is messy.  It also shows that love conquers all.  This book made me feel on so many levels.  I cried with Elizabeth and Christian for what would never be.  I was so mad at how Elizabeth treated Christian....but moreso at how badly Elizabeth treated Lizzie.  The neglect made me want to unleash on her.  I fully connected with the characters in this book and truth be told there were even parts that made me ugly cry.  (hospital scene - need I say more?!)  Completely gut wrenching moments.

This was an amazing book that I could not put down.  The other books were the same way, so be prepared and have some kleenex handy! :)  This series is a must-read.

Link to purchase on Amazon:  http://www.amazon.com/If-Forever-Comes-Regret-ebook/dp/B00FB2HZ7I/ref=tmm_kin_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&sr=&qid=
 
 
 
Links to purchase other books in this series on Amazon:
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment